Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
soo....u gonna get one nick?
most likely, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
This should eventually translate well for them on the track and I applaud them for that. But it still has a generic Big 4 look to it which was apparantly BMW's intent in order to appeal to the masses.

From autoblog:

"We intend to take the four Japanese head-on. We did not intend to build a motorcycle like Ducati does or KTM does. We wanted to build a mainstream motorcycle," says Pieter de Waal, Vice President of BMW Motorrad USA.

For the street, I prefer riding something that has unique looks and sound. Oh, and it's gotta be a twin!

WSBK wins and top placements should be good for the company so I am happy to see this happening. But I hope BMW keeps on building models like the HP2 Sport!
in regards to this bike appealing to "the masses", i have to say it's about time!

the "sport" bikes they've been making might be a nice ride but i wouldn't want to find out.. they're hideous to look at it & don't excel in performance in any regard. i'm extatic that bmw is finally stepping up their game & why not play w/ the big 4, they're doing it right!!!
Appreciate 0