Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Hi, welcome, happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efunroom View Post

<<Question>>
1) For the E90 with HIFI configruation, the HU output signal is flat. so it can be used directly without "summing" and "Normalization", right?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efunroom View Post

<<Question>>

2) For the EQ, The HU has the treble/bass setting, so "de-processing" is required. Is it still need if set these EQ setting off in HU?
Not clear what you mean, We usually think of equalizers as adjustable. But the BMW amplifiers - all of them - have fixed equalization curves built in. Even if all tone controls are set to flat, the signal coming out of the amplifiers has been equalized to a specific response.

Your signal path list is mostly correct. The normalization and de-processing are the same thing, and should probably be called "de-equalization", since there is no other change occurring with any product I've tested.

The de-equalization can be analog or digital, but with most current products it is digital.

So I would state it this way (this is my understanding of signal flow for, say a 360.2 or an Audio Control DQL-8):

"Line Output Conversion" (attenuation of speaker-level signals, isolation of grounds, impedance matching) (analog)

Summing (analog)

Analog to digital conversion

De-EQ and EQ (digital)

crossover (digital)

time delay (digital)

output level (digital (I think))

digital to analog conversion

output to amplifiers (analog)

As you say, in the above signal chain, if you are using the analog flat, full-range outputs of the HU, you don't need a lot of that.

You don't need attenuation, you don't need summing, you don't need de-EQ.

I have not seen Macrom speakers in the US in a long time They used to have a good reputation, but there was some relationship with Morel here in the US in the past which I think is no longer in effect.
Appreciate 0