Thread: 335i drift?
View Single Post
      07-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #36
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Bimmer loyalist already said this... but I feel like it should be said again (with my own twist).

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateDFWe92 View Post
if your looking for a drift car get a nissan 240..
Seems like a typical "bmw is too good to do anything but cruise around and generate envy" type comment.

You might as well have told him to 'rice shit up somewhere else'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetirdy5 View Post
i am not looking for a drift car ...I asked a question... thanks for your worthless statement
Seems like an appropriate reply to me.

skateDFWe92 had a reply to the OP which had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OPs QUESTION.

So please : if you go off topic, don't expect kindness from the OP. Get over yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
lol, OP fits the bill of a typical BMW driver....he's the one that gives us those damn stereotypes!
Remember : People think BMW drivers are a bunch of 'better than thou' types that look down on other car makes.

skateDFWe92's reply reads like : "bmw's are too good to drift"

You sure treetirdy5 sounds like the 'stereotype generating' poster in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateDFWe92 View Post
well thanks for your worthless thread! why dont you MAN UP and find out for yourself and not ask people if your car can get sideways. do you have any idea of the abuse "drifting" puts on your car? thats why i suggested a 240 for a drift car becuase it would be wayyyyyyyy to expensive to constantly drift a $50,000 3 series...
Yes. treetirdy5 should just try it.

skateDFWe92, I don't believe you.

You think 50k is a lot of money. If it's expensive to you, then I *really* think you replied with a "BMW is too good to rice on" attitude.
If you drove a Ferrari and the BMW was your beater, I really doubt you'd have said anything about buying a 240.

P.S.
skateDFWe92 << nothing personal. Just have to "spin" this the other way, as I can't stand the "treetirdy5 gangbang bandwagon bashing".

-------------------------------

treetirdy5 << Yes you can drift it.

With stability/traction off : (Edit : With a pre-e-diff software 335 (before 08), or an XI which has no e-diff)
As you rotate faster, the weight transfer will spin out the inner wheel. As a result, your inner wheel will be useless, and your outer wheel will grip (with no torque - limp) and you will stop rotating. So you can expect a ~180 or so rotation.

(Edit : If you have the e-diff software, you can do decent drifts. I mention this in my next post.)

With stability/traction reduced 1 click :
You can keep your drift going 360, HOWEVER, the stability control will be very jerky as it will be fighting you for control. It will actively try to prevent you from drifting.

You are best off with an LSD upgrade and traction/stability off.

-scheherazade

Last edited by scheherazade; 07-31-2009 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0