DaRickSta81
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi Coupe

Garage List
2009 328xi, e92  [10.00]
2006 325i, e90  [0.00]
I got mine done at FXAuto too... the soapy bubbles in the tint does go away once it dries for a few days, but the dot matrix thing stays like that

I did manage to get it to look a tad better by leaving the car in the sun for a few hours to get the tint really warm, then taking a rolled up pair of socks (clean of course!) and firmly rubbing the dot matrix tint from the inside (this is starting to sound a little dirty...) Anyways.. that seemed to have pushed the sticky part to the window... still not perfect, but better than before.

I think the only way to get a clean look is to get some black vinyl on the outside and cover over the dot matrix and around the high mount brake light.

-Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal_Magnetic View Post
Just got my tint at FXAuto...so far i am not very impressed with the work. there seems to be some bubbles on the windows (not air pockets) im hoping that goes away after the curing process. upon futher investigation when i got home, there is a scratch on the tint on the rear window...that will have to be changed. the dot matrix on the rear looks AWFUL. i am hoping some of this gets cured, if not tomorrow im calling them tomorrow to get this fixed. i will take a few pics to show you guys...i heard so many good things about FXauto from this forum and the g35 forums...it did not live up to my expectations.

Attached are two pictures showing the back window...
Appreciate 0