View Single Post
      01-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
acbtx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

now wait a second- charcoal filter removal

I just traded my e60m5 and ordered a 335 manual and one of the mods everyone did on the m5 was remove the charcoal filter. Turns out BMW added the charcoal filter to meet CA emission restrictions for US cars only and if you look at the European or Canadian cars, they didn't have the filters. What would be great is for someone to scan the schematics of the european car airboxes and see if they have two filters. When I pulled the charcoal filter from my m5, it made a noticeable difference in throttle response and the car definitely breathed easier. Since I don't have my 335 yet I can't check but in the m5, the paper filter (orange frame if I remember) was behind the charcoal filter and if the 335 is the same, I will definitely be pulling it. It was a fifteen minute free mod on the m5. Can someone from across the pond pull and scan the schematic of european airbox pretty please? For those of you who have looked at your airbox filter - go see the m5board.com site, search for charcoal filter removal and see if its the same setup.
Appreciate 0