View Single Post
      02-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #68
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
What I have said again and again and again is that I (that's ME) don't like i-drive after several bad experiences. Then added to that there are even BLOGS about how much people hate it. And poor journos reports - so I am not alone despite yet another E90Post attempt at isolation on this (and many) subjects.

What happens here is that if I dare suggest I don't want i-drive, don't see the point in a 320d Coupe, don't like massive alloys, didn't want M Sport kit, etc then god knows how many jump in and have a go because they don't just disagree, they just cannot see a different point of view.

Each time I suggest something a little "different" a motley crew gets all narkey and has a little hissey fit.

Sorry I bought a BMW for different reasons to most of you. Sorry I bought it for the engine, the chassis, the build quality. Sorry looks and gadgets weren't top of my wanted list. I must apologise for not wanting a rock hard 4 pot with a NASA computer and a poor ride. Sorry I want a car that actually blends in subtly yet still goes like the clappers. Sorry I don't want blacklines or a remap. Sorry I have no interest in a black grille, oversized tyres that are impossible to get in essential non RFT form, wheels that have never ever cracked and aren't from a Tonka toy. Sorry that the power, the torque and the handling are more than I ever wanted and that the car brings a big grin to my face every time I drive it when I really should be crying at the lack of a pointless (to ME) computer system and black headlining. Sorry I am not the same as every one of you and bought the car simply to do a perfect job of fun and comfort.

I am sorry, I truly am
Appreciate 0