04-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #29
DJKhan85
Major
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2011 4dr 6mt Golf GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffer View Post
Firstly, I am in the UK, so my car is RHD. I therefore tried to refer to everything within the thread as right and left as opposed to driver or passenger.

I adjusted and you should adjust BOTH wheels. If you only adjust one wheel you will be changing the alignment, specifically the toe.

As you said, my car was RH down so I effectively needed to make both front wheels be more to the right when the steering wheel was straight ahead.

To achieve this, I did up, by turning clockwise the LHS track rod / tie rod, this meant there was less thread this side, effectively shortening the track rod / tie rod.

For the RHS, I did the opposite, undoing, by turning anticlockwise the RHS track rod / tie rod, meaning there was more thread this side, effectively lengthening the track rod / tie rod.

Overall, I probably added altered both of them by around 1/4 turn.
I fully understand what you're saying now that I've had a chance to review the suspension today. My center is off just a hair but enought o feel that somethings wrong. I think I'm going to leave it for now and see if I adjust to it. I will only screw things up further if I attempt this now
Appreciate 0