View Single Post
      06-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
You have to realize, that mag is written by heritage enthusiasts. People who bore your head off talking about the good old days and how BMW has lost it's way etc. X5 M is sacrilege, OMG!! no dip sticks and Runflat tires!! Ignore their ignorance and enjoy your E90, my 06 330i has 67k miles on it and has been as reliable as any other car I've owned and is easy enough to maintain. It certainly is not a throwaway car and I would be comfortable keeping it outside of warranty.
I used to subscribe to BIMMER (or Bummer) magazine. Mike Miller constantly trashes modern day BMWs, when in fact the 1960's and 1970's and early 1980's BMWs were small, slow, well handling, and unreliable. I'm familiar with all of them. Not until it became fashionable in the 1980's to own a BMW it was an enthusiast’s car because only enthusiasts would put up with the shit to own one.

When you read the statement in his article that his 2002 will still be running with points (rather than electronic fuel injection) you know he's just talking trash. It is a stupid statement.
Appreciate 0