06-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #20
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
I picked up the June issue of Bimmer magazine because its a 1999-2010 3 series buyers guide, i recently purchased a CPO 2006 325I and was interested in their thoughts regarding the E90. Much to my surprise they pretty much bashed the car, its more or less a throw away item after the warranty expires because of them being very problematic and fiscally unrepairable. Not what i was expecting to read in a magazine deticated to BMW's..........
I read and agree with the article to a certain degree. BMW has not be very forthcoming with information regarding the repair and/or how to diagnosis for repair. If Indy shops aren't given the information on how to diagnosis and repair these vehicles without having to invest in new $15k equipment then the used market (Post-CPO) for these cars twindles.

Also Mike doesn't think the cars are crap, he's just po'd that BMW has elected, like the competition, to utilize more and more plastic parts which break. I think it was the cooling systems of the E36 which set him off.

Last edited by F32Fleet; 06-04-2010 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0