View Single Post
      09-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Sunroof errors are common on BMW's. It probably is not related. In my car there are 3 sunroof related fuses, you should try replacing all of them.

My sunroof is a crap shoot at this point. i can get the error to go away by clearing it with the BT Tool, but if I open the sunroof, chances are it is going to get stuck open, trip the error code. I will have to manually close it, then clear codes again.

I replaced the sunroof motor ($200) after I put in new fuses and it did not solve it. That was a mistake, the new motor still does the same thing.

The errors are voltage related, so I think it is the actual switch piece that is up in the ceiling that has problems. It's $300, so I have just left it alone for now.

Summary - It's very possible that it is not procede related, it's a common BMW issue, and it sucks!

In my case, when I was using a tester to find an ignition on fuse slot (for meth kit install), I tried grounding the one end of the tester to the cigarette lighter wire area, and my hand slipped, there were some sparks, and it blew the cigarette lighter fuse, and probably blew the switch mechanism for the sunroof in the ceiling.

** Edit - Did you try doing the recalibration of the sunroof? You press straight up on the button and hold it. In about 15-30 seconds the sunroof will start moving, keep holding the button, allow the sunroof to open all the way and close all the way and then you can release the button. That is the first thing I would try. Have the ignition on when you try it, the engine does not need to be running.

Last edited by scottp999; 09-17-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0