View Single Post
      03-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #47
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by permesso View Post
I took my car (e90 '06 330i from June 06 ED pickup) with original Progman from delivery in for the progman update this week citing the nav bug mentioned in this thread. No issue getting them to do the upgrade. Took many hours but was finished in 1 day. They didn't tell me the actual version number they used. Good news is that all of the features/fixes I had read about were there. Auto dismiss of the disclaimer, keypad move in phone area, POI search (yeah!), settings all moved around, font and start screen change, etc.

Now the bad news, my voice commands no longer work at all. I hit the buttons (either one) - no beep, no interruption of audio, no visual indicator on idrive screen. I am going to contact the dealer today to get the car back in there. I looked through the settings (many were reset to defaults) but didn't see any setting related to disabling the voice commands. Any idea from anyone on a self fix? I tried resetting idrive (both ejects and mute/power button). It reset but no change.

Overall, I am happy with the changes except the obvious breaking of the voice commands!
Thanks for the update! Can you please explain "keypad move in phone area"? Also please update on what you find about voice commands. I am planning on going in next week.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0