View Single Post
      01-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #392
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3

Just dropped my car off for yearly inspection and inquired about having the recall work done, even though I haven't received a letter yet. SA scanned my key (which i haven't inserted into the car for a long time since I have comfort access) and he said it only came up that I needed a reprogram. It didn't mention anything about hpfp or injectors. My car is 12/07 production and has the original HPFP and injectors. When I even mentioned the injectors, he said yeh that's part of the update. Which led me to believe he had no clue what I was talking about, since the tsb is talking about actually replacing them and not a ecu update. Armed with the printouts of the three TSB recall's, I showed it to him and told him if I don't have the updated HPFP I should be getting it. He asked to keep the TSB printouts and said he would look into it.

In hindsight I should have inserted my key into the car to update it maybe....since my miles to next service was also off from the printout and my idrive. I asked him to try inserting the key and rescanning the key. Has anyone else only had a reprogram and keep original pump?
Appreciate 0