View Single Post
      02-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #212
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorOfCoolCity View Post
Seeking advice or anybody that has had similar problem...

Bought a CPO 2008 335xi from Motorwerks mid December. The last few weeks it smells like SHIT inside when I have the heater on, particularly with the floor vents on. I had them (for free) clean the evaporator and "fog" the inside .... didn't help one tiny bit. In the little research I've done I think there is mold/mildew somewhere in the AC coils or something, or the evaporator drain is plugged/frozen. All I know is it is very annoying, disgusting, embarrassing, etc.

Any thoughts? Advice?
Oh man that would bother me like crazy!!! I can't imagine having a passenger or 'important' person in the car with it smelling bad.

Honestly, that is one of the things I would go and complain about. You bought it CPO, which means they tacked on roughly $3-$5000 onto the price for THEIR LABOR and parts that went into bringing the car back to like-new condition. Obviously it's not in like-new condition. You're not out-of-line or being a whiney complainer for wanting your car to NOT smell bad.

It has to be something inside the core if they replaced the cabin filter..which they routinely replace at maintenance intervals. So yeah, go in there screamin like Al Sharpton!
Appreciate 0