04-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #73
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Fair enough, I look forward to the full technical details sometime in the future. In the meantime, I would appreciate confirmation that:

1. Any normal iPod dock to USB cable can be used, i.e. this doesn't require a cable with custom pin mappings between the dock connector and the USB port (since that cable isn't a BMW part, I thought you might use something like this and still be able to claim 100% BMW parts are being used).

2. There is no splicing or tapping of wires required, or any other arguably destructive procedure.

3. The 100% OEM parts being used are 100% unmodified except for software reconfiguration, i.e. not physically reconfigured, rewired, or otherwise taken apart or altered into some different configuration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys View Post
Understood.
But I told you I had my own reasons not to give more details just then and I asked you and other people to respect that.
Those reasons are obvious I guess.

Why don't you create your own thread where you could post your speculations about a frankenbuild or an OEM solution or anything you want.
I have no problem that you post in my thread and ask questions but when I told you once and then again that I could not tell you more why didn't you stop or just do your own research and come back to the forum and create your own DIY in glory.

You do not have to post your speculations here trying to show people that most probably my OEM solution is not really OEM, because you cannot understand it.

I will not comment on your or any other similar post anymore in this thread.
Those who understand me do not need more explanation and those who still do not agree with me will not change their mind anyway...
Patrys - I go back to jphughan's post quoted above. He clearly agreed to wait on technical details and didn't expect any now. He did ask three SIMPLE questions that should not reveal any "technical details" unless the details related to less than a true OEM retrofit.

A simple answer to these three questions would have eased my mind and made me consider the retrofit, since I have all the required parts including Smart Phone integration but don't have 6NR since my car was build in late 2010.

The responses you have given were very surprising coming from a Vendor. The fact that you still refuse to answer these simple questions has put doubt in my mind. So I believe you are right "those who still do not agree with me will not change their mind anyway..." but it was all your doing, not mine.
Appreciate 0