05-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie335 View Post
damn, I'm glad I went with the OEM m3 diff....

m3 paddles are sick, do you mind telling how much they costed you?
I got the from a board member for $380. Brand new they're around $450. I also have an M3 DCT steering wheel so they fit properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
Sounds like diff grinding.

Did you break the differential in properly after installed through lock to lock figure eights?

Have you double checked your fluid levels in the diff.?

If you did both of the above then the shop may not have shimmed/installed the diff properly. Usually this happens when one of the wheels on either side of the car is rotating at a higher speed than another, like on a low speed right turn or around a roundabout.

You could speak to Quaife about this as well. They could probably offer some insight.
Hmm, I didn't break the diff in. Never heard that needs to be done
And I suppose the shop checked the fluid level. But I may have them recheck this, although I won't be able to drop off the car soon.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0