05-18-2007, 04:03 AM   #13
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3FXD View Post
There is a first drive review of the S5 is this month's UK What Car magazine. It doesn't live up to their expectations and their conclusion is basically that it is OK but doesn't have the driver appeal of a 3 series coupe.

I personally also think both the exterior and interior look a bit plain but the fact that the rear seats are difficult to access, as the front seats don't slide on tilt is the killer for me! (I have kids and an MPV but they still regularly ride in the e92)

I also think we will see quite a lot of S5's on the roads over the next couple of years - an e92 M Sport is likely be just as exclusive in the UK at least. I've done nearly 2k mile since I got mine last month and haven't seen another one yet!
I agree with you, the side view of the S5 looks like a RIP OFF of the 335 anyway and I personally cannot stand the big ugly gaping mouth that is so distinctive to most new Audis (that's what turns me right off). If you want driving dynamics in an Audi then it has to be an RS- then you pay through your teeth.

It's already a 6 month wait for a new E92 so by the time the M sport package becomes available from the factory Australians will be waiting a year or more from now for an E92 M sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninsyd View Post
i'd swap my 335 in a second for a S5 however i think they will be in the order of 140-150- drive away.... being that a rs4 is 170 drive away
Curious to know why? The E92 335 is a great car (I've done over 7500 kms already), you haven't even driven the S5 and expect to pay more for it? Is this a case of the grass being greener or a desire to be the first guy on the block with one?

By the way no one has mentioned the severe depreciation which Audi vehicles (somewhat unjustly) are saddled with (no one wants a second hand Audi). I know that was a consideration when I was looking for a new car.