twinship
Booosted
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
It could go either way. Some buyers would clearly not want it and others would. You just need to find the right buyer. I have stage 1 but I drive my car fairly conservatively and never beat on it and have a friend in the same boat. I didn't get the tune to go racing - I just like the extra power that I can feel when I'm driving fairly normally. Just because a car has 400hp doesn't automatically mean it will be abused. Whether or not a potential buyer believes me is another story but I'm sure there would be some buyers out there who would rather I leave the tune and maybe even pay a few extra bucks because it's there. Just imagine the guy who's looking for a 335, test drives a few in stock form, and then drives one with a GIAC tune that looks perfect and well taken care of and feels that extra, factory smooth power...
You might luck out and find a buyer who wants your mods.

But the great majority want to start with an unmodded car, preferably a grocery-getter driven by a little old lady, and add their own mods.

Modding is a money pit. It's an unfortunate fact of life.
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, ER CP, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), Akebono pads, OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors