Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2000 Mustang GT  [0.00]
2008 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
WOW so let me get this straight, you have driven your car for 6k miles with the K&N filter and experienced no problems? Thanks for sharing. Well I don't know about anyone else, but that's good enough for me! I mean if that doesn't qualify as an engineering study I don't know what does. I mean heck, what's wrong with a little extra dirt getting into your engine, right! It certainly sounds like a worth while modification in order to get a little extra engine sound.
About as good as your engineering study that it allows more dirt into the engine? That is probably the oldest myth and the most laughable.

Bottom line, you simply cannot "feel" a difference of under 10whp when sitting in a car - just the facts of it. The only way to tell gains in that range is by actual testing.

That being said, I did a before/after dyno yesterday on my bone stock 08 335xi AT and saw zero noticeable gain from the K&N...there were slight gains of 2whp here/there but overall it was flat. I've had reusable filters on every vehicle I have owned for years and this is the first one where I didn't see an increase of at least 5whp.

I know a DCI would provide a definitive increase, but for personal reasons it wasn't the road I wanted to go.
Appreciate 0