View Single Post
      10-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #58
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
As promised our N55 test unit it here. Few teaser pics. This is for a PWG turbo, but we will have EWG of course. We will be using a similar set for the N54's. This particular version is a genuine Garrett GTX3076R center section in custom cast SS turbine housing, 2 piece V-band manifold. This is similar to what we offered in the past with VERY BIG differences being. The biggest problem with every "Stock Frame" N55 upgrade on the market is just that; the "Stock Frame" housing. They are restrictive, designed for quick spool and torque production, NOT making power. These new upgrades get rid of those restrictions on the turbine side and will allow for an easy 500WHP+ to be made on this size unit without overspeeding the unit. We are the hunt for an N55 PWG tester and will get this tested in short order.
NICE!!
I hope someone with a PWG car volunteers in a hurry. Will be excited about the EWG.

Definitely a superior turbo compared to the build and structure of the PS2 and PS1 for the N55 using the crappy stock turbofold and an anonymous big compressor and turbine wheels on the small stock shaft creating an unbalanced turbo. The stock CHRA was not designed for this.

Garrett CHRA with original wheels and 2 piece V band manifold are the KEYS!!

Is the time frame for the marketing of these turbos still on schedule? We are still anxiously waiting for this!