CameroN7887
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameroN7887 View Post
I did the same thing I changed all my plugs and coils and it helped a little bit, cleaned my Vanos solenoids and it helped a little more, I have a k+dcan cable I think? I used it to reset my valvetronic limit positions on ISTA a few months ago so I could probably do it but don't know how, if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction that would be awesome! One Indy shop by my house wanted something like $150 to reset my valvetronic positions and do a software update and I told them to screw off, I'll do it myself and he started bagging on ista like crazy hahaha

Yeah I'd buy a cheap laptop and a cable to do it myself and still have money for some lunch for $150. Same time though, if something goes wrong it's on them so $150.00 isn't a bad price if you think of it like that. I was comfortable doing it myself and took little to no time.

If it's easy to do I'll gladly do it myself and save the money, why pay some clown to do it when I can do it myself and have peace of mind it was done right.
Appreciate 0