Rep
Drives: ‘10 e90 335xi

Garage List
2010 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91Noob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodex m.e. View Post
Crazy question....... But what size tires are you running front and rear? I bought a car with a blown front diff. And all the front end was disconnected so similar story. Once I got it all repaired and back together I found there were issue similar to what you state. It ended up being because the kid had mismatched tire diameters between the front and rear. Likely the cause of the blown diff. Got new tires in the proper size and if solved the problem.
Funny enough, I'm running 225/45R17 on 8" wide rims. I took it to a shop and they slapped on a known good set of wheels from another 328xi they had on the lot and claimed the issue went away. I have no idea why this is the case, but my all seasons are due for a changing anyways so I'm going to shop around this winter for some aftermarket wheels and tires.

I'm waiting two weeks to put my winters on, but I'm currently driving with the fuses for the Transfer case and traction control pulled.
Did you get it solved? I have this exact issue. Thinking its diff tcase or an axel maybe?
Appreciate 0