View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #1
Archerbald
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Combining maintenance tasks.

Hey All.

I can't remember the last time I had a mechanic not try to extort money from me. The most recent being:

"oh you need new front control arms and suspension bushes to fix the clunk in the front, should be around $1000." And before that it was the old,

"oh the only fix for the ELV fault is a new steering column- please have the car transported to us via truck and we will fix it for $2000."

The clunk was incorrect tension of the strut brace to fire wall bolt- fixed in my garage. The ELV fault was a blown CAS fuse, taken out by a sensor in the passenger door. Wtf. I could continue but I'm sure no one is surprised by these stories.

Given my luck with finding competent people to perform even the simplest of tasks, I post here where I know I will get some solid advice before doing some solid work myself, done right the first time.

So, I'm in Australia. Car is e90 330i.

Where is the best place to get parts at the best price?

Coils have blown out the silicone insulation inside the wells, and then blown through the cast valve cover. There is oil in the plug wells. The radiator leaks- pin hole in end tank passenger side in the bay, and the oil cooler gasket leaks in front of the oil filter.

I need the following.
Radiator, ignition coils, valve cover and associated gaskets, oil cooler gasket.

Any recommendations on other maintenance tasks best performed at the same are more than welcome.

Cheers.