View Single Post
      09-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdw View Post
I watched it the other week, and agree that they are just ecoterrorists. Their attitude made me root for the whalers, and laugh at their many failures.

Same here. My favorite quote from one of the women on the boat:
"It is so frustrating that they [the whalers] aren't afraid of us. And now they are starting to use some of our own tactics against us! Very frustrating..."

Well boofuckinghoo! They believe in what they are doing just as much as the Sea Shepherds believe in what they are doing. Whining and crying that they don't roll over for you is too bad. I think the Sea Shepherds are all asshats, but I give them credit for being out there in defense of their position. But watching the Japanese hook up 4 whales right in front of them did make me laugh a little. Completely incompetent fools! Plus, they are extremely dangerous, twice ramming other ships.

My opinion on whaling is that if is properly managed like most of the other fisheries, I see no problem with it, as long as the species in question is thriving and not endangered.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0