View Single Post
      09-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #18
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Humans are animals. We are not a separate entity. Human/animals are separate from nature but we still need it. Could we survive without food, water, or air.....nope. I can live without people, I cant live without nature.

You are assuming that humans are more important then whales and thats not up to us, being that we are human, to decide. We are bias. I think that all life should be allowed to live out their days naturally. That captain guy should not be killing or hurting people, and the whalers should not be killing whales.

Im definitely gonna watch this show now. Sounds interesting.
So you are a hard core vegan then? What about the lives of plants and micro-organisms? Doesn't a broccoli plant, a swine flu virus or a common cold bacteria have the same right to live out its life? How many millions of "lives" have you snuffed out, just today, with antibacterial drugs, or munching on carrots and celery?

Humans are usually at the top of the food chain. Sometimes those lower on the food chain manage to snack on a human, which is fine. But this "can't we just all get along" namby-pamby bullshit doesn't cut it in nature.

You don't see lions letting up on zebras or gazelles on the plains of Africa. If they could, they'd eat every damn thing they could get their paws on. Humans are unique in that we have the mental capacity to understand how our actions have an impact on the environment, and we can choose to manage that impact (or not.) Hunters and fishers are the world's best conservationists. Hunters and fishers in America have done more to protect the overall health and prosperity of the animals they hunt and fish than these Sea Shepherds ever have.

But mostly, it is an "emotional" issue for a lot of people. Seals are cute, you can't kill them! Whales are cool and smart, you can't kill them either! A cow, oh please, those dumbass ugly bastards are just walking tenderloins! A lamb is too cute and cuddly to eat! A chicken? Man, they are noisy, dirty ugly birds, when's dinner?
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0