10-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #79
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themetz View Post
I'd be disappointed if the next M3 wasn't FI - I found the power at the top end on the S65 was almost too difficult to enjoy/access/exploit to the full potential on our roads... mind you, when you do get the rare chance...

I do love the immediate hit of oooooomphhhhh you get with the 335i...
I had only been in the UK for a week with the M3 when i wrote this review and i have to admit that the combination of s**t roads and speed camera's/fear of losing licence etc really limited my enjoyment of the car. I felt like the car had had its wings clipped, as you correctly said in the UK it is very difficult to enjoy the car at the higher rpms. I returned back to Germany for 6 days (having spent 5 weeks in the UK with the M3) and am now back in the UK again (been here for the last 4 weeks) - i left the M3 in Germany this time.
On the drive back to Germany going through S England i realised that this car (or any high performance car) is almost wasted in the UK. It was the first time i had been back for a prolonged period for a number of years and was genuinely shocked at how little enjoyment i had in the car for those 5 weeks.
As soon as i hit German roads though my love of the car came back instantly - the road surface was far better and the car just felt 'at home' - going through the rev range for the first time back on the autobahn was awesome and i averaged between 130 and 170 all the way home befor taking in some German country roads (better surface than our motorways and no cameras!) for the last 30 or 40 miles - my conclusion is that when i return to live in the UK full time i doubt i will keep the car....or even buy a high performance car at all. Going back to Germany next week and am looking forward to driving the car again but i am glad i didnt bring it back with me to the UK this time -this country sucks for driving in
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold

Last edited by ss134; 10-16-2010 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0