10-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #85
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarjoo View Post
Ah yes I did catch that comment and I guess it makes sense. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts again next time u get to drive it in the UK and whether your opinion changes.

If the M3 is essentially limited due to our roads then maybe its an expensive upgrade I could actually be better off without! Shame as have always felt I'd love it regardless of how its driven. Maybe thats still the case. For me its just as important how the car looks and its exclusivity compared to other 3 series coupes, not just the performace thing. I've always had a liking for the M3 designs
In that case you will probably love the car. The sound and the driving experience really is fantastic. Maybe i was just too cautious driving in the UK as i was in unfamiliar territory and was always concerned about cameras etc etc - Probably wont drive it again in the UK until i bring it back in Sept next year to sell. The truth is that the M3 V8 comes alive at the top of the rev range and the steering is at its best when youre pushing the car - in Germany you can experience the M3 to the full every single day legally if you want to, in the UK you can do the same but not with the same peace of mind - you are risking your licence and freedom!! I really felt like the car was wasted on UK roads.
Take a test drive and post up your thoughts
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0