10-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #86
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D EDynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
In that case you will probably love the car. The sound and the driving experience really is fantastic. Maybe i was just too cautious driving in the UK as i was in unfamiliar territory and was always concerned about cameras etc etc - Probably wont drive it again in the UK until i bring it back in Sept next year to sell. The truth is that the M3 V8 comes alive at the top of the rev range and the steering is at its best when youre pushing the car - in Germany you can experience the M3 to the full every single day legally if you want to, in the UK you can do the same but not with the same peace of mind - you are risking your licence and freedom!! I really felt like the car was wasted on UK roads.
Take a test drive and post up your thoughts
There seem to be one of two solutions here, move to germany, or don't get the max out of the enjoying the car. I think option B will work for me more for now anyway

So you say the sound is amazing...but how much better as I find the 335i engine and exhause note is pretty darn good at all speeds, when the windows are down especially!

How does the M3 sound at low revs/low gears and at idle? The 335i I find sounds pretty average at standstill idle, but upon cold start up or at low revs is nice. The higher the revs go the nicer it gets.

I've been meaning to take a test drive for a while but the dealers themselves seem to be a barrier. On 2 occasions I've been let down where theyve said they'll call to arrange a car to test and never got the call. Maybe they think I'm not serious!!! lol You'd think a 335i is enough evidence that I might actually be a real buyer! I'll sort one out at some point though!
Appreciate 0