GeorgeSmooth
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Thats what I thought.

OP, how is that working?
There are no electronics connected to the diff per se on the E9x M3. The electronics they mention in the marketing manuals are more to do with traction control and skid control that are linked to the braking system. There are no electronics whatsoever on the diff.

stressdoc I do not have much detail as the install took me by surprise. The sideshafts from the M3 fit directly in the hubs. We used half the driveshaft of the M3 and half from the 335 auto. That's where the two components marry. The 335 driveshaft needed engineering work to be slightly shortened and the completed driveshaft balance. All in all it took a day and a half.

My tuner felt it was more a challenge than anything so we weren't expecting to use this as a permanent mod but something just to keep the car going till the OEM diff with Quaife is repaired. Now I have decided not to take it of hehe.