Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Does anyone here play around with individual stocks? Many years ago, I did that and did well...but got out of it. I've recently got back into it, not talking retirement money or main investments. Right now the E-trade account is just over $20K and is up 66% thanks to Visa being up 829%, FB up 306% and Netflix up 251%. Apple and Microsoft also are good.

I have 12 stocks going and the only loser is Snapchat which is at half. Mind you, I have used this account somewhat for fun...in the past have went for risky stuff and lost but overall have gained well.

Anybody have serious ideas of companies to research? What I find fun is being able to make a few hundred bucks every couple weeks, but most of what I have is long term.

I am a member of the Motley Fool and like looking into stuff.

Maybe someone has ideas....A long time ago when the bubble was going, I told a friend Oracle was looking promising--he put a couple thousand in and pulled out in two weeks pocketing a $1000 profit.

And I also play lottery tickets.

If you are just doing it for fun, with no plan to count on the returns making you wealthy, look into FOREX trading.

I found this to be much more entertaining than regular company stocks, as it involves many other attributes, including political events, and global economies. Returns can also be decent if you know what you are doing.
Appreciate 2
jgoens3787.50