05-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #7689
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
I noticed that the STFT's were negative in both runs, more in the negative like up to -24.5 on run 6 which is the one where I added fuel to the stock map. So I guess I was right to switch back to the OTS map because it runs rich as is w/o adding any additional fuel.

Side note: It is common to have like a 4-5 mpg drop on the cobb? I went from 20.5MPG or so, to the 16's.

I'm hoping adding the E85 to the crappy AZ 91 oct will help bring the mileage back up. No, I dont mash on it a lot more than I did before the map, I actually used to go WOT a lot more often and now I feel like im driving miss daisy because I only need the top 1/4" or so of throttle lol, and driving it like that I get 16 MPG. As opposed to always mashing it on the stock map, and getting 20+

Do I just have unrealistic MPG expectations?
Adding E85 will most certainly not improve your gas mileage, it will make it worse. Log looks pretty good though, but like Aenema said, you should include trims and HPFP+LPFP PSI throughout the pull when running ethanol. I wish my car was providing enough fuel for the DME to pull some out, that's solid.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0