07-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #49
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Definately don't compromise your suspension with $$$. NEVER do just springs.

I sure would love to ride on V2's/AST's/Ohlins on softest settings to compare. Actually if you have the money OP, get Ohlins. I know I'm telling you not to get coils but I'm assuming you're somewhat on a budget. Ohlins are like $4K but every person that has those will tell you it's the best thing you'll ever put on your car.

But the OP sounds to me like he is not someone who is going to hit a track anytime soon. He doesn't want to have a stiff/rough ride or what have you. So springs paired with good shocks are the way to go IMO if you are not wanting to spend a lot of money. I'm not saying that coils aren't better.....the good ones are. I'm just saying they are overkill if you don't plan on using them for what they're designed for.

There are a few other options (check HPautowerk's site). That's why I say spend a few days reading through the suspension section. Every possible scenario/opinion on every possible setup is in there somewhere.
Yeah the only experience I had with ohlins was awesome. I bought a shock from them for my 05 r1. Made a night and day difference.