View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #19
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

Unfortunately, Canada is a very different market for used BMW parts. I have bought a few diffs from the states and have gotten them all for well under 200usd shipped. BUT I have been able to get them shipped to a US address and pick them up and drive them through the border. Under $200 bucks at my crossing and its almost guaranteed you'll get waved through.
With our current situation, not anymore.
Up here the wreckers all wanted over $750 Cdn, and the used market was very shallow.
Free shipping is non existent up here, and getting things shipped up from the US is very expensive for heavy items such as a diff. And pretty much all carriers will charge brokerage fees as well.
Keep your eyes peeled for someone parting out a car and show up with cash. Like I said, there isn't alot of market here so cash talks. And find out your gearing and compatibility with other models(ie 328i). I have a 3.23 328i diff that I'd sell for $150 but it would absolutely have to be local pick up in Vancouver. I know that doesn't help but maybe it gives an idea of our smaller market.
Appreciate 0