Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Just got a set installed!

Tires: $500 shipped
Mount: $95

Wow very impressed so far. It's 70f and these tires stick just as well if not better than rs3 did in 90f. Can't wait to see what they do on track and warmwr weather. I can actually stick in 1st now.

I did notice there was 0 audible feedback at the limit. Maybe that will change with heat and a little bit of wear. Feels good so far at slight slip angles.

***** EDIT *****

I am not 100% sold these are good road course tires. They grip well in a straight line, but they provide vague steering feel and no feedback when they slip/spin. The tire appears very meaty, providing for nice rim protection, and "runs wide;" however, the actual tread pattern is fairly narrow in comparison. The RS3 I was coming from had a very square shoulder and the tires were meant to be worn to the very edge of the tires sidewall. The wear indicator on the RS-RR is very high up on the sidewall. Seems like there is less outside edge of the tire to take advantage of for roadcourse driving and long sweepers that require sustaining high g's. So far, I have noticed decrease lateral g's. RS3 would touch 1.3g's and held a steady state of over 1.1x (broken in). These tires so far have peaked at 1.1 doing the same tests on the same turns and held at around 1.0. Braking was also down from 1.1g's to .9g's. Acceleration g's did increase from .6 to .7 though.

I'll wait to see how they do once the tread wears down a bit. Should get some good data at lime rock this weekend! All around still a fantastic tire for the money.

Keep us posted on how they hold up. I'm riding on a set now...
Appreciate 0