05-21-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Price of car increased by £700

Hi All

Just wanted to run this past you. Paying for new car this coming weekend with a part ex (value to be agreed)

Placed order for car (E92 335i m-sport) end of Feb total cost £40285 (with 3% discount) I though it was a “virtual” 5% as I missed the March price increase, but things have changed……..

On the signed contract RFL (VED) was quoted at £190 (which was wrong at the time) so now the VED is £300 – I expected the cost of my car to rise by £110 to £40395

However the dealer said the total due is £41067

He said this is for delivery charge, reg fee, fuel etc. I am sooooo pissed off with this as he has not quoted me the on the road price (OTR) I was 100% sure it was the OTR price and he never told me more money was due at the time of signing. I though the OTR price was incorporated into the cost of the car.

He has now sent me a new contract (haven’t signed yet) with the updated prices as he said this info was not available end of Feb/Early march, but surely this would be the same as the non m-sport E92. And that he also did not tell me!
You see we agreed to get the price down (with all my options) to 40K (shortly after I added front sensors) bringing the price to £40285
I was happy (ish) but gutted when I seen coast2coast prices. I also though that I missed the March 1st price rise of around £600, but this increase explains that rise!

I am due to pay for the car this Sat and appraise the part ex with the dealer manager (my stealer is on holiday)

What do you guys reckon I should do?

Cheers
Appreciate 0