05-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
thanks for your comments guys. Yep i hold my hands up, not been a good consumer and agreeing part ex values first. Dealer said that 3 months is a long time in part ex prices, i fell for this. I'm kicking myself for not asking you guys, as this was my first big car purchase i was a little naive and i thought i had my bases covered - oh well you live and you learn

I did point out to him about coast2coast prices and he said lead time was far greater.. blah blah blah so has included vechicle paint protection for free.

I will aim to get more added to part ex value and i am seeing the dealer manager and will be bringing the misses with me for the hair dryer treatment
Well .. you still have the option to sell privately if your dealer doesn't come through on the p/x price. Although the dealer will have the upper hand as he will know you probably won't want the hassle of doing this.

Try to get a really good handle on what your p/x is worth. The AA have a good online valuation service based on glasses guide:

http://www.theaa.com/cbg/Manufacture...=fullValuation

We're all amateurs when it comes to buying cars and the dealers are all professionals. So don't beat yourself up about it.
Appreciate 0