View Single Post
      07-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #10
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos
The upside of this is that you don't have sales people constantly coming at you like piranha. I was at Stevens Creek yesterday looking at cars in the showroom and just out front, and they left me alone for about 10 minutes. A sales person finally walked by and in a pretty low key way asked if i needed any help but there was no pressure. I appreciate this approach given the opposite I usually experience (piranha) at a lot of car dealers.

Before I go to a dealer I have a name of a salesperson who seems to get good marks on boards like this. That way, if I need help, I just ask for the person. Usually, salespeople appreciate this and treat you better. I've heard good things about Dave Parker (haven't met him yet) at Stevens Creek so he might be the person to ask for. If I don't have a specific recommendation, I look on their site to see who the fleet or internet sales manager is. You don't want to get caught up dealing with a junior salesperson in my experience. I've also had good experiences if I call ahead, ask for a particular sales person, give them my name, and let them know I might be coming in.
I agree totally. In fact, 3 of us went to BMW of Stevens Creek at 10 at night to check out the E90 and they invited us into the showroom to look around (they were there late for a deal). They knew we weren't going to buy but we appreciated cars and all drove BMW E46's.
Appreciate 0