View Single Post
      12-31-2017, 05:49 AM   #56
aclearersky
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

So I've had this installed for about a week now. Ill be pulling it apart again to install the backup cam i ordered after the fact to finish the install video. Ill prolly do a review video as well. It looks amazing.

Couple of issues I've noticed so far:
1. Audio quality from streaming over bluetooth sounds terrible vs stock. I got around this by installing spotify directly to the device and running it from the unit itself using my phone as a wifi hotspot.
2. The guide thats included to cut the dash doesn't leave much room for error. I have a small spot on the bottom left that is cut further down then the units trim covers.
3. I dont think the dimming function is working, if there is one. Seems like I have to adjust the brightness of the display frequently
4. The idrive controller they included feels somewhat cheap. It actually does work very well in their system. Only issue is it doesn't work at all on the android side for scrolling so you have to use the touchscreen.
5. Audio quality is not as good as stock
6. The screen mirroring for android is slow and it cuts about an inch off of the screen on both sides.
7. Unable to install android auto without their cable
8. Cannot install jb4 to device due to older bluetooth chip in device
9. SD card spot is a terrible location and hard to get to

The good things though are:
1. The display looks beautiful
2. Looks great in the car
3. You can install any android app that supports android 4.4.4 directly to the device
4. Touch screen is extremely responsive.
5. Haven't had any issues in terms of freezing and such.
6. Frequent updates from avinusa (must email them directly to get them, im assuming to avoid clones like the one posted above from stealing their software)
7. Boot time is only about 10 seconds
8. Several different skins for the device to change the looks
9. Able to play music from sd card or usb device.
10. Their support has been very responsive. Typically get a reply in a few hours around 24 hours at the most.
Appreciate 0