View Single Post
      03-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #72
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRedE93 View Post
My car has been fine, but i was sitting in traffic today with the engine idling at 800-900rpm, the rpm then dropped dropped quickly and recovered but was really noticable, it did it twice and has not done it since but makes me wonder if something is starting to go wrong
Oh dear, that's what happened to mine leading up to both times I needed a new fuel injector. On both occasions I was sat in traffic and the little needle started jigging around to the music, I thought I was imagining it at first, then I put it down to the wind (it was a very windy day) and I was thinking of every excuse so it wouldn't be my little beema's fault, but then shortly after the dreaded engine light came on!!
I've also had occasions where I'll be bombing down the motorway (under 70mph of course) and then I'll get a massive jolt as the car practically cuts out - the needles on the dash both go to zero, then back to normal, all within about 2 seconds - has anyone else experienced this??

I got my courtesy car today, a 57 plate 318d sport e90, better than the vectra I've been using!

Appreciate 0