06-05-2018, 09:35 AM   #9
PaKii94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesfrager View Post
Yuriy does speak English. As for

I believe I have seen it somewhere with cars that have the iDrive system, were switching to some kind of mirroring by holding the menu button on the iDrive controller.

Yuriy's board can setup short and long presses. So maybe with Tasker detect that and your either pass along the controller buttons or stop reacting to them?

As for

In his forum post, you can see you can tap into steering wheel buttons.
He can probably help guide you through this part.
Okay, I'll reach out to him. Do you have a better way to contact him than the forum? Can you connect me with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesfrager View Post
My issue now is the slow Nexus 7 2013 I have. I already started thinking I should get one of these 7" LCD screens https://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-in...814637228.html

And get a powerful Android stick, maybe a Minix or something, then get a USB 4G LTE modem for internet and a USB GPS antenna.

The problem with this setup means I need to find a way to make a frame for LCD. I don't mind having it mounted on the dash all the time.

Hummm.... ideas...ideas...

I would say it's easier to get a new tablet but there really aren't any good ones out there recently...

You could do a idrive retrofit but instead of the OEM stuff, stuff a LCD into it?
Appreciate 0