View Single Post
      11-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #8
Badorl
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E3 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick46 View Post
I think mine was £440 or £450 including having the egr to be programmed to stay shut.
They check the car first to make sure everything is ok and there are no issues that might prevent / affect mapping. Then it's run up on the dyno to get the stock figures and to see how the engine is performing. Then if all is well, you can discuss what sort of map you'd like - aggressive, economy, all round performance (I went for an all round map). Then it's ecu out and Jason spends a considerable amount of time working on the map. Once done it's ecu back in and run up on the dyno to see the difference. If there are any issues, the ecu will come out again and Jason will tweak it until he''s happy. Mine was spot on at the first attempt. Then it's off for a short test drive to check everything is ok on the road and to make sure there are no issues with the transmission coping with the extra torque. If there is, then again the map can be tweaked. Finally you hand over the money, get your print out, shake hands and enjoy the drive home!
thanks for answer, I had the same question
All the best: https://mechanicguides.com/best-dies...r-6-7-cummins/

Last edited by Badorl; 11-19-2018 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0