03-18-2024, 01:20 PM   #16
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
So - had to look back, my trip to Costa Rica was 11 years ago, time flies. I stated in Guanacaste at the JW Marriott just south of the places you mentioned, was a resort, sure...but was free on points.

Few things I recall that may help...

#1 - if the road situation has not changed, buy the tire insurance. You'll thank me. Course saying that, I didn't get tire insurance in Honduras last week, and got a flat in 10 minutes of driving.

#2 It's the only time I took a vacation from a vacation...went to Montezuma, Puntarenas Province. Really cool zip lines and cliff diving and I believe it's a Blue Zone, if you're familiar with the term. Took 7 hours to get there on shitty roads, so we just rented a cabin for the night. Just a note - You will not see monkeys in the north...need to head south to see them. They were all over in Montezuma

#3 Take a trip up to the north most part of Costa Rica overlooking the volcanos in Nicaragua. Nice scenery, and it's a simple trip.

#4 Tortuga Playa was really cool at the time. First time I can recall walking on the beach barefoot, mid-day, and the sand was cool. 11 years ago, only way to get there was a couple mile hike...but now it looks like they may have homes on the beach (google maps).

Few pics...
Thank you! We leave in 9 days so packing has started. Zip lining, 4 wheeling, seeing wildlife, going to some beaches are some of the top wish list things we have been talking about. We will be parked at an all-inclusive in the north so we may be limited to what options are in that surrounding area unless we want to sign up for some several hours long trips. I am just excited to get out of town for a few days and get some sun.