View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #742
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Cool

To close out my account with this awesome thread and say a final thank you to Motive Mods for not just creating a brilliant kit but for inspiring me to complete this journey that I started back in 2008 on my old 2001 330i.

So with a new baby in our family, two day care tuition bills, as well a new house purchase on the horizon, I am left with limited time and limited funds for completing my Motive Mod installation. Last week I had to pass my kit on to a great guy in Poland who will install it on his E90.

In the meantime I installed the F30 Retrofit kit on my car and it is not all that bad. In fact I only got this F30 kit out of curiosity and to answer the many questions I get on it at the forums here and on my YouTube Channel.

To answer these questions and to become an expert on the disparities between the brilliant Motive Mod kit and the cheaply made and priced Taiwanese kits I had to buy one and install it. I did:

In the end the Motive Mod kit is a remarkable achievement for a functioning electrical OEM cosmetic retrofit procured outside the walls of a BMW factory.

It is a quality kit with the only caveat being not being reversible once in stalled. In fact the only short coming of the Motive Mod kit is the main positive aspect of the F30 kit. The F30 kit takes minutes to completely reverse back to the stock shifter if you change your mind, if it breaks or if you need to sell your car or take it back to BMW.

In the end my final comment is if you have the money, time and dedication like I had then definitely get the Motive Mod kit above all other kits!

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 09-07-2018 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0