View Single Post
      04-29-2016, 10:54 PM   #81
Ruddigger
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91

I noticed yesterday that when I unlocked my car in the morning none of the lights turned on like they normally do. No tails, no angel eyes, and I thought, "uh oh, hope it's not the battery..." Later that afternoon...

So, I went and sourced a new battery today and I'm going to throw it in as soon as I can find someone to code it for me.

After that I went to my buddy Moses' house and we worked on the patterns for our custom made side skirt extensions. I had already done some work patterning them out. First I made a cardboard set to get the rough shape and mounting points. Laying under a car trying to measure bolt holes and holding up a 80" long piece of floppy cardboard was real annoying, lol.

After that I transferred the pattern to some plywood, and further refined the shape. Keep in mind that this design is extra flared because of the M3 sideskirts I have coming.

So today I got the M3 sideskirts in the mail and I took them and my plywood pattern over to Moses' and we redid them in foamcore. Having an extra set of sideskirts off of a car that we could pattern from was a huge timesaver. We changed the shape up a bit more, and I think I'm happy with the final design.

You can't really get the full effect in these pictures because I didn't take a pic of the finished foamcore skirt extension, whoops. But, now Moses can CAD it up and laser cut them from 1/8" carbon fiber sheet. It's going to be pretty rad having a custom made part. Nobody will have the same extensions that I do.