09-17-2018, 03:38 AM   #126
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
The iNext looks fine to me. Having it be a crossover makes sense as it would be much more viable in several wealthy global markets.

My only problem is the length of time until production. The market is getting filled out over the next 18 months and I'm not sure that the iX3 is futuristic enough to draw people away from the iPace abs new Merc EQ.

Seems like BMW was first to market then Tesla made it rethink strategy and timeline. This retool has cost valuable time and market share.

Personally, I want a performance BEV with few compromises, that can get 250 miles of spirited driving, hope that will be the i4, but don't know at this point. The Taycan may end up with my money and take me out of the market for at least 3 years.

I have no further desire for an ICE and I think BMW underestimated the speed of this transition for enthusiasts.

With that said, these next few EVs from BMW need to come quickly and serve as benchmarks before Tesla gets their shit together and Porsche corners the market.
First to market with what? BMW hasn't been first to market with anything related to EV or Hybrid.
Appreciate 0