View Single Post
      08-11-2022, 09:18 AM   #7
edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
To further add to this thread, if you're looking to take tracking more seriously and are looking for an upgrade, the first thing I would do is find a cheap pair of 335i rotors + calipers. They bolt right on and if you check the used ads should be able to pick them up for cheap. The best part; aside from the improved size for more thermal load and brake torque; is the pad availability. The calipers are the same as what are used in the M3 so there are tons of options. I believe your rear sport calipers are the same size (at least it was the case for my 330i, I would check real OEM) as the M3/335i so no need to change them.

I've tried a few pads, but find the Hawk DTC-60 the best value track pad available. Mind you I'm limited in Canada to exchange rates and import duties, but a lot of the performance pads people recommend (PFC-08, Pagid RSL-29) end up being more than $1k just for F/R pads alone. The hawks are half this and so far have been up to the duty. You might want to start with the DTC-30's and adjust as necessary once your ability starts to improve. High temp fluid is also a must, especially once start building up real heat into your system.
Rear rotors on 328 are smaller than 335 or 330. On both it is 336X22mm while on 328 it is 300X20mm. Pad size is serious problem on 328 in the rear. DSC functions, specifically e.diff. puts too much strain. 328 had performance brake option that was Brembo brakes like ones on 135.
Swapping brakes from 335, front and rear, is absolutely right step forward. And coding. He has to code DSC to performance brakes to adjust EBD.
Appreciate 2
Volasko705.00
Biginboca3763.50