07-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #232
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alep85 View Post
Now that some folks here have owned it for a bit, how has the reliability been?

Also, does the power cut out after 2-3 minutes of the car being off? Or does the motion detection work and draw power even when the car is off for long periods of time?

I'm a bit afraid to plug something into my wife's E90 electrical system if the camera has a history of failing in short order! But I really like the integrated design and the plug and play power feature!
No issues. I love it. My secret is once installed I try not to tamper with it or remove the memory card frequently.

I had it in my car the longest than most in this forum since I started this thread and I've had no issues.

If you want the camera to stay ON after you turn off the car for the motion/parking security camera then you need to use the other FUSE PANEL harness and tap it into an ALWAYS HOT/ALWAYS ON power source. If you use the plug and play harness then the camera stops recording and turns itself off 30 seconds after taking the key out and unlocking the car. It then turns on automatically and start recording when you return and start your engine.

Everything works well and for $100 you are getting a great deal on a dash cam tailored just for your car!

Only gripe I can think of is the CYHY App is slow to download clips over the in-car WIFI but I just eject the memory card from the camera
and get video files thru my media card reader on my phone or laptop.

Also I would like a reverse camera feature that films the cabin (favouring the driver's side seat and window and full rear window of the car) for those rear end hits and police stops. Like the picture below. I would like to eventually install a second camera for this reason for another perspective.
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 07-24-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0