06-27-2022, 06:57 PM   #177
LORDD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr88r View Post
Cheers! It's this one mate. Last of the big spenders, eh?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334281460501

They're not too tricky to fit.

First up, pull up the center console trim. Go steady, and use trim removal tools - don't be tempted to jab a screwdriver under there!

With that lifted you'll see connectors for the ash tray, and where fitted, the nav controller, and auto gearbox P, R, N, D screen. It's clear how they unplug.

After that, lift the console trim out and remove the original ash - just 4x screws on the underside. Keep them safe, as the oddments tray doesn't come with any screws.

Next, I took the cigarette lighter itself out of the original ashtray. That was the toughest bit, as it's properly wedged in! To power it the wireless mat, I plugged a USB charger into the cigarette lighter then the wireless charger into that. That saved cutting any wires 🙂

The new oddments tray has a hole under the rubber mat. It's not quite big enough to feed the wireless charger cable through, so I opened it up a bit with some pliers. Not elegant, but you never see it with the charger above.

After that, refit and enjoy 👍
Thanks 🙏 Did you hide the cigarette lighter underneath the oddments tray ? Where did you get the oddments tray ? 36 upwards on eBay ?
Appreciate 0