View Single Post
      08-04-2022, 04:17 AM   #181
xlr88r
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 & E91 330i M Sport

An update! It's been a while.

A few weeks ago I was chatting to someone on Insta who has a ridiculously well specced Individual E90. This made me realise just how much I like the extended leather colour on the dash and console. Mine needed some fakery, so I grabbed a bottle of leather colourant and set to work.

I don't think this will be that durable at all. The colourant sits on top of the faux leather dash and console, and hasn't absorbed in the slightest. Future cleaning of those bits will be limited to a wipe with a clean, dry microfiber cloth or the shaving brush I keep in the car for the alcantara bits! There's plenty of colourant left for any repairs that WILL be needed in time.

At the same time, I re-wrapped the console trim and tidied up the CCC controller trim as well. For love nor money I can't find a Diamant Schwarz or Piano CCC console trim, so this will have to do for now.

Some pics!

I'm no expert at wrapping trim, but it's passable!

Last edited by xlr88r; 08-04-2022 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0