View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #21
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
auto makers build suspensions for many reasons, bmw is one of the better ones. they are pretty well known for their ability to build a car that handles well. i drive an 11 335, i love the car but i think its weak point is the suspension. if i were to modify this car in any way i would start there, i believe the suspension is the weak point on purpose, so that bmw can sell you their "performance" parts and also to set it apart from other models such as the m3, bmw wants you to feel the difference when you test drive both the 335 and the m3. most people who "modify" their cars do it for looks or they get sucked into the marketing scheme of the word "performance" or other words like that, putting coil-overs on your car is not going to get you better lap times, and lets face it isnt that what "performance" really is, how fast your car can do something. if people really wanted to increase the "performance of these cars they should probably start with tires, then an lsd, then sway bars, then shocks, and then springs, but if you want it to look cooler just get springs or coils. so there is your answer, you justify modifying your bmw suspension to look cooler.
Appreciate 0