08-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #38
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
OMG seriously, give it a break.

EVER rented ANYTHING, a flat, a car, do you EVER get your money back, no, there's get's a point where you have paid for more than the "whatever you've rented"

Why do some people rent a property, why do people buy, why do people lease a car, why do people buy, OMG it's the same thing with renting a water heater FFS

Why do people rent out a condo, and pay maintenance charges, because, they get there snow shoveled, when there leccy goes off, or the AC brakes down, they yell at the maintainers whom there paying there money too... same principle.

In the UK... I never rented anything, I inherited all the heating, gas, electrical etc components of the house, when things broke down, I had it fixed or fixed it myself, including the very dangerous task of fixing a gas boiler, (in wall) which had a few dodgy bits of pieces. But it was my house, and I was only gonna gas or blow up myself, unlike now when I have a wife and 7 year old to consider

This is WIFE'S House, she bought it originally and apparently HERE IN CANADA at least in Ontario it's the done thing, albeit, ppl generally do NOT extend a water heater when the initial rental agreement ends they buy.

As already told you, We "cannot" even TOUCH the god damn thing, if I pull the anode or dip tube, I am not certified, I can flush it out I guess, but suspect as I am not certified that is probably "officially" a no-no, I didn't make up the rules, I just follow them. Can I, sure, will something go wrong, no, am I allowed to NO.

So I have to pay someone to fit the tank and maintain it "in theory" and if something goes wrong and my house get's flooded or blown up , guess whoes at fault. got it. it's all a big crap shoot, and your never in the shit, till your in the shit, and you'd better hope if you are in the shit, your not holding the dirty end of the stick.

I pay 30 bucks a month, anything happens, it's fixed, POM, I had 2 guy's come out at 10pm to sort me out, if there is 10inches of snow and 20 below and my tank dies, guess what, I pick up the phone.

Yes I can do math's, and yes sure, I could have bought 5 heaters, a maintenance contract, and whatever.... ok, everyone happy now, yall can now step away from the keyboard safe in the knowledge you've saved the day again,

So thanks for everyone who chimed in with kind assistance and helpful comments.

No seriously thanks
WTF did I just read??? Being in the shit and being in the shit and holding the shit end of a stick sounds like a bad time all the way around. I would have just bought a hot water heater, beats the hell out of all this shit standing and stickery. Well guys, looks like we can all go home now. the guy who started the thread and wanted to fill us in on his terrible decision making skills....again...just wants the thread closed....again.

This guy just blew up on us like my ex-wife used to when she had nothing to say but had to say it anyway.
Appreciate 1